As a local company invested in our community, we offer grants for photovoltaic system installations. Each year, we awarded full or cost sharing grants to non-profit organizations (registered as a 501(c)(3)). Although the cost sharing grants have higher probability for success, we encourage full grant candidates with a strong commitment to community service to apply.
Criteria for Geo grants application:
- The recipient must be a non-profit organization registered as a 501(c)(3).
- The recipient must serve the Southern Arizona community.
- The cost sharing grants must be approved by the recipient's board members.
Please send the following the listed documents and all supporting documentation by electronic copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
- On-site visit questionnaire.
- Verification of tax exempt status under 501(c)(3).
- Previous year IRS form 990.
- A cover letter stating the organizations' community involvement, installation time frame and how the photovoltaic system will benefit them.
- Operating budget for the current year.
- Copy of last 12 months electric bill.
- Contributor names, statements and amounts for cost sharing grants.
The selection process will typically take 6-8 weeks after the application deadline. We will contact you for a site visit if your organization is selected as finalists. There is no guarantee a finalist will be awarded the grant.